Friday, February 13, 2009

Moving Day!

Friday, February 13, 2009
Mom was moved to the Lake Bennett Health & Rehab Center at approximately 4:30 this afternoon. The good news is that is a rehab at last. The bad news is that is it further from my house (now 22 miles) and on the opposite side of town from work. Her new room number is 309.
.
I spoke with her shortly before the transfer. She was apprehensive and said she had never heard of this place before. I tried to remind her that it was on her list... but she still said no. All she really wants to do is come home. I told her she could as soon as she was ready. Guess her response...? She can walk, she does it all the time, so she is ready! Hopefully this change of scenery will be good for her mental health, too.
.
I am heading over there soon. I will send a phone number as soon as I have one.
.
Postnote - this pic is of Mom on the balcony of our room, looking at the Hubbard Glacier, in Alaska.

No comments: